DancED are currently running topic based creative dance workshops for South Cambs primary schools, based on Fire of London (Y2) Once Upon a Time (Y3/4) Ourselves (KS1) Penguin Small (Early Years/KS1) World War 2 (KS2) Africa (KS1 and/or 2) We’re going on a bear hunt (Early Years/KS1).
Or you can even choose your own topic and they will design a bespoke scheme of work for your class. Paula and Ellen from DancED are also supporting schools with preparing performances for local dance shares.
• You can choose a full (£400) or half day (£250) workshop or a block of 6 x45min weekly workshops (£400) – the block of 6 often fitting in well with class PE slots.
• Many schools find that dancED workshops are an excellent use of their sports premium funding, bringing all the physical benefits that dance has to offer combined with a cross curricular approach, integrating kinaesthetic learning with understanding.
• All sessions end with a class performance piece and provide excellent CPD opportunities for teachers.
• Support with participation in local dance shares.
• Add-on teacher training sessions.
• As trained Arts Award Advisors, we are also able to incorporate Arts Award into our sessions.
• dancED is supported by Cambridge and South Cambs School Sports Partnerships.
To find out more or to book a workshop for your school, please contact Paula Hain, firstname.lastname@example.org, visit www.danced.org or call 07792414308 to discuss how we can help your school.
Here’s what other people say about dancED workshops:
“The Great Fire of London dance programme was a fantastic way of linking what we had been learning in our classwork to our PE. The children absolutely loved it and learned a great deal. I cannot recommend it enough.” Y2 Primary teacher
“I’ll be able to incorporate ideas from the workshops and use them in my own teaching.” Y3/4 Primary teacher
“The best PE session EVER!” Y3 Pupil after a Once Upon a Time workshop
“It was valuable to see how to build all the moves together into a performance piece.” Y4 Primary teacher
“Thank you for teaching us the best dance in the world!” Y2 pupil at the end of the Fire of London workshops
“Following terrific input and enthusiasm in the cross curricular approach to dance and creative movement, we attained an International Schools Award for our work on South Africa.” Head teacher