- This event has passed.
Year 5/6 TAG Rugby Mega Fest
20 March from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
In order to support and encourage mass participation and enjoyment in rugby we will be holding two Tag Rugby Mega Fests in the spring term at the Cambridge RUFC ground on Granchester Road in Cambridge. Both events will take place on the same day, one in the morning (10am – 12pm) and one in the afternoon (1pm – 3.00pm), please select below which event you wish to enter.
The Mega Fest format will involve an 8-a-side tag rugby competition plus a seperate festival format where children will rotate around a number of different rugby activities and competitive games.
Schools can enter a team into the competition plus a seperate group of children into the festival OR just enter either the competition or festival.
- 8 a-side, with at least 2 boys and 2 girls playing at any given time.
- Years 5 & 6
- 12 players on the squad with a minimum of 4 girls and 4 boys in the squad. (How the team fills the rest of the squad is up to each individual team).
- To score, a player must run over the try line they are scoring towards and put the ball down on the ground
- If a player gets tagged they must pass the ball backwards to a team mate
- When a player tags someone they must give the tag back after shouting TAG!!!
- Once tagged, a player is allowed 1 step to try and score or has to pass if he can’t score
- Once tagged, a player is allowed 3 steps before they have to pass
- When a player is tagged everyone must stand on their side of the ball, or they are offside and a penalty is conceded, and a free pass is given to the non-offending team
- If the game ever needs to be restarted it is done with a free pass
- Most of all we would like all the children to have FUN at this competition.
- Years 5 & 6
- Maximum of 16 children per group
- 8-10mins per activity
- Children will rotate around a series of different activity stations experiencing every activity
- Focus on enjoyment & learning
- Children will be rewarded for demonstrating personal and social skills, good movement skills as well as their rugby skills
Further information on this event will be issued nearer the time but schools are encouraged to enter early as there are only a limited number of entries for this event.
Maximum teams per school: 1 for the competition and 1 group in the festival
Maximum entries available: 12 for competition / 10 for festival (per time slot)
Deadline for entries: Wednesday 13th February